To provide you with a solid foundation of skills and knowledge on the process of learning, the role of the individual trainer and issues of importance when working with groups.
By the end of the session, attendees will be able to:
- Clearly identify the requirements of your training role
- Write appropriate training objectives
- Identify appropriate training materials and structure content to meet the objectives and needs of the audience
- Select and utilise effective visual aids to support your training sessions
- Confidently deliver effective training sessions
- Overcome difficult situations or problems which may occur during training sessions
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your training against pre-determined objectives
- An Overview of Learning Styles
- Qualities of Effective Trainers
- Training Techniques
- The Importance of Questions
- Visual Aids
- Creating a Lesson Plan
- Structuring a Training Session
- Running a Training Session
- Handling nerves
- The Importance of Evaluation: Before, During and After a Course
- Giving Feedback
- Action Planning
- Engage people in the learning process faster
- Ensure training sticks when people leave the training room
- Trainers that are more rounded consultants and not just trainers.
Who should Attend
For those who have little or no previous experience in designing and delivering training events or need to teach/support others 1-1 or in groups to develop their skills.
Open Workshop - £249+VAT per person. 1 day workshop including lunch and a delegate workbook.
Delivered to your organisation - Contact us to talk about your requirements and for a no obligation quote.
The Training Cycle
- Introduction to the stages of the training cycle
- The skills required to train and develop people
- Behaviours and attitudes of effective trainers
- First impressions and perceptions
Preparing for the session
- Understanding the needs of your customer or audience
- Writing effective learning objectives
- Structuring an effective training session
- Choosing the right location and equipment
Delivering the Session
- Getting of to a good start
- Using visual aids and training aids
- Getting the group involved
- Different approaches to use
- Dealing with difficult people
Closing the Session
- Checking understanding
- Motivating people to take the learning with them
- An opportunity to practice the skills
This is a one day training event that Revolution Learning and Development deliver on an open basis at locations across the UK. We can also deliver this event at or in close proximity to your organisation if this is required.
If you choose to have us deliver this specifically for your organisation, we can make this more bespoke to your needs.
The cost of our open courses includes the learning materials, refreshments during the day and lunch.
To book, click here or call us on 03333 444575.
Or, to discuss your individual needs, email us through the 'Contact Us' page on our website or call us on the number above.
Booking terms and conditions are available on our website.