Negotiation and Influencing Skills Training Course in the North West
Our Negotiation and Influencing Skills Training Course in the North West will provide you with the skills, approaches and tactics to negotiate and influence successfully.
Do you want to be able to negotiate better outcomes and influence others to come around to your way of thinking?
We deliver our Negotiation and Influencing Skills courses in Liverpool, Manchester, Bolton, Blackburn, Stockport, Preston and Blackpool as well as other locations in the North West and across the UK. We deliver the course as an open training course or at your business location and the course is delivered as a face to face course and a live virtual online course.
Negotiation and Influencing Skills Course in the North West – Details
Our one day Negotiation and Influencing Skills Training Course in the North West will provide you with lots of tips and ideas to help you effectively negotiate outcomes and influence others to come around to your way of thinking.
You will find out how to prepare to negotiate and influence effectively, then use a simple structure to present your ideas in a compelling and engaging way. Learn how to overcome resistance and barriers to your ideas.
This Negotiation and Influencing Skills Training Course will introduce you to the skills, behaviours and tactics necessary to achieve all of the above.
By attending this Negotiation and Influencing Skills Training Course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an increased understanding and awareness of what negotiation and influencing is
- Identify through group and individual activities the skills knowledge and understanding necessary to be an effective negotiator whilst developing your own negotiating skills
- Understand the skills required to Influence effectively to bring people around to your way of thinking
- Develop general strategies for successful negotiation and influencing
- Produce win-win resolutions for all parties
- Identify your own negotiation and influencing style and its potential strengths and weaknesses
Here’s what we cover in our negotiation and influencing skills training course in the North WestWhat is Negotiation and Influencing?
- An introduction to what negotiation and influencing is and the main differences between them.
- What to do before you go into a negotiation
- Determining your walk away point
- Understanding the best approach for the people you will be negotiating with
- Preparations required to Influence
- How to structure your proposal to ensure you sell the benefits
- How to counter proposals from the other party
- Body language and tone of voice when negotiating
- How to bring people around to your way of thinking
- Getting to an agreement that satisfies both parties
- Being assertive during the process
- What to consider when making concessions on your part to get an agreement
- How to counteract arguments
- How to get to a closing point
- How to close the negotiation and ensure the relationship stays in tact
- How to walk away
- Using the learning from the session to deal with conflict and act as a mediator.
When you bring this course in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to meet the needs of your team.
This course equates to 6.8 hours of CPD. After completing the course you will receive your CPD certificate and learning path document as record of your attendance.
Download the Course Brochure
Download a copy of our Negotiation and Influencing Skills training course brochure below.
Who Should Attend our Negotiation and Influencing Skills Training Course?
This negotiation and influencing skills training course is for anyone who has to negotiate outcomes or persuade/influence others to buy into ideas.
If you want to:
- Have a practical toolkit to use when negotiating and influencing
- Know how to get yourself into the best position possible when negotiating
- Get people to come around to your way of thinking
- Be able to recognise tactics that other use when negotiating and how to counter them
- Get the best deal possible for you and your business
- Win more business
The course is suitable for people of all levels and in all roles and industries.
Online Training Courses
A 1 day online live virtual training course with one of our highly experienced negotiation and influencing skills trainers. You also get:
- A highly interactive online experience
- A digital copy of the course materials from the course
- A digital course certificate
In-Person Open Courses
A 1 day training course in one of our comfortable venues with one of our highly experienced negotiation and influencing skills trainers. You also get
- Refreshments throughout the day and lunch
- Course materials to take away
- A course certificate
A 1 day training course with one of our highly experienced trainers at your location. You also get
- Course materials for each delegate to take away
- A course certificate
- Reporting on delegate evaluation
Our Negotiation and Influencing Skills courses are delivered by our friendly and highly experienced trainers. We live and breathe what we talk about in these sessions as we use most of the tools and techniques ourselves on a daily bases and bring this real-world experience into the session and the examples that we use.
The idea behind Negotiation is coming to an agreement or solution with another person or a group of people to come to a solution that is suitable for all parties involved.
Influencing differs in that it is about bringing people around to your way of thinking. It can be used alongside Negotiation effectively to get to a win-win outcome.
Businesses today are always looking for ways to improve their bottom line and individuals looking to save money. An extremely effective way of achieving this is having the ability to negotiate effectively and influence others.
Negotiation is fast becoming one of the most needed management skills of today’s businesses, and done effectively can save your business £1000’s through effective contract negotiations, negotiating with suppliers or negotiating with peers or colleagues.
In-Person Open Courses
Our negotiation and influencing skills training course is delivered in-person at venues across the UK. We deliver the course in Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Chelmsford, Dublin, Cork, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Norwich, Nottingham, Reading, Sheffield and Southampton.
The cost of our in-person courses includes delegate materials, refreshments throughout the day and lunch.
Open Online Virtual Course
Our online negotiation and influencing skills course is an interactive live virtual course. The content remains the same but the delivery and approach has been re-imagined for the virtual environment. Our online training courses are delivered by Zoom.
We can also deliver this negotiation and influencing skills training course just for your organisation. We can do this in-person at your office or a location of your choice or as a live virtual training course. We can deliver this via Zoom, Teams, Webex or any other platform that you are currently using and comfortable with.
Course Delivery Methods
Here’s how we deliver our Negotiation and Influencing Skills Training Course. Click an option to see the full details.
Price per delegate. Includes refreshments, lunch and course materials.Group booking price only applicable when delegates book onto the same course date
Join our live online virtual Negotiation and Influencing Skills training course from work or home for an interactive online learning experience.
Price per delegate includes multiple person discounts.Group booking price only applicable when delegates book onto the same course date
Bring this Negotiation and Influencing Skills training course in-house and train your team together at the same time.
- Delivered online or in person at your business premises
- Course content can be tailored to your specific requirements
Complete the form below to get a personalised quote from a member of our team.