Microsoft Word Fundamentals Training Course
Microsoft Word Fundamentals Course – Details
Our one day Online Microsoft Word Fundamentals training course will provide an introductory overview of the use and functions of Microsoft Word.
Many of us need to use Microsoft Word in our jobs or personal life to produce a range of documents.
Our Microsoft Word Fundamentals Training Course is designed to provide those who attend with the basics of using this very much used software.
Those who attend this Microsoft Word Fundamentals Training Course will be able to:
- Create a variety of documents using Microsoft Word
- Format Microsoft word documents
- Set up pages
- Open, Save and Print documents
Here’s what we cover in our Microsoft Word Fundamentals training course:
The Basics of Microsoft Word
- The Word Window
- Working with the ribbon and commands
- Using the help facility
Navigating Word and Creating Documents
- Creating, Saving and Closing documents
- Opening existing documents
- Using templates to create documents
- Entering, editing and deleting text and images
- Selection techniques
- Using different views i.e. print layout
- Using other functions such as find and replace
- Changing the font, text size, colour and effects
- Using paragraphs (justification, indents etc)
- Line spacing
- Page breaks
- Adding a border and shading to your document
- Cut, copy and pasting
- Revealing and clearing formatting
Bullet Points and Numbering
- Adding bullet points
- Creating and changing the bullet point image/character
- Adding numbered lists
- Changing numbered lists
Setting Up a Document
- Page orientation
- Headers and footers
- Using margins
- Adding page borders
- Inserting a watermark
- Overview of tabs
- Changing the default tab stop
- Using the ruler and tab dialogue box to set and change tab markers
- Leader tabs and bar tabs
- Setting the ruler measurement unit
- Using tabs in a document
Printing a Document
- Setting print options
- Using the print preview
- Selecting a printer
When you bring this course in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to meet the needs of your team.
Online Training Courses
A 1 day online live virtual training course with one of our highly experienced Word trainers. You also get:
- A highly interactive online experience
- A digital copy of the course materials from the course
- A digital course certificate
In-Person & Online In-House
A 1 day training course with one of our highly experienced trainers at your location. You also get
- Course materials for each delegate to take away
- A course certificate
- Reporting on delegate evaluation
Our Microsoft Word Fundamentals courses are delivered by our friendly and highly experienced trainers. We live and breathe what we talk about in these sessions as we use most of the tools and techniques ourselves on a daily bases and bring this real-world experience into the session and the examples that we use.
Open Online Course
Our Online Microsoft Word Fundamentals course is an interactive live virtual course. The content remains the same but the delivery and approach has been re-imagined for the virtual environment. Our online training courses are delivered by Zoom.
We can also deliver this Microsoft Word Fundamentals course just for your organisation. We can do this in-person at your office or a location of your choice or as a live virtual training course. We can deliver this via Zoom, Teams, Webex or any other platform that you are currently using and comfortable with.
Course Delivery Methods
Here’s how we deliver our Microsoft Word Fundamentals Training Course. Click an option to see the full details.
Join our live online virtual Microsoft Word Fundamentals training course from work or home for an interactive online learning experience.
Price per delegate includes multiple person discounts. Group booking price only applicable when delegates book onto the same course date.
Bring this Microsoft Word Fundamentals training course in-house and train your team together at the same time.
- Delivered online or in person at your business premises
- Course content can be tailored to your specific requirements
Complete the form below to get a personalised quote from a member of our team.